Friday, October 01, 2010

They Live

They Live

They Live (2010)


Sunglasses wake me
up. Aliens dig science fiction
without ever knowing
they live it. I have questions
about the life span of certain sperm
and how the Duggars
raise 20 mouths in a recession
and why Facebook needs a remake
like every vampire retread either
glitters or lusts. Malware
laced spam scares me more than you
screening your black comedy
with X-ray vision from the future
or another smash up near some traffic
island or spaceport. I’m alone
without multiple siblings
or a reality show about me and mine
or a private planet bearing my name
or more sour children resembling another
man from somewhere far far away
who telepathically substantiates
reaching for the stars hurts.

~/~

Image initially made with QuaSZ. Post-processed until I was all out of bubble gum. Text is a Google poem collaged from search strings of they live.

No comments: