Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Out for the Season

Out for the Season

Out for the Season (2003)

from InsideHoops.com -- NBA Injuries:

NBA injuries as of early morning, June 7, 2005 [knee injuries only]:

Al Harrington F I.L. Apr 17 knee Out for the Season
Theron Smith F I.L. Mar 31 knee Out for the Season
Tariq Abdul-Wahad G/F I.L. Nov 1 knee Out for the Season
David Harrison C I.L. Apr 12 knee Out for the Season
Jonathan Bender F I.L. Mar 16 knee Out for the Season
Tierre Brown G I.L. Apr 15 knee Out for the Season
Pat Garrity F Out Apr 16 knee Out for the Season
Andrew DeClercq C I.L. Feb 24 knee Out for the Season
Jamal Mashburn F I.L. Mar 2 knee Out for the Season
Zach Randolph F I.L. Mar 14 knee Out for the Season
Nick Van Exel G I.L. Mar 12 knee Out for the Season
Alvin Williams G I.L. Nov 1 knee Out for the Season
Raul Lopez G I.L. Feb 23 knee Out for the Season
Jarvis Hayes F I.L. Apr 14 knee Out for the Season

from Knee Guru -- "Knee Symptoms":

PAIN:

After injury --

    • agonizing initially and continuing -- think fracture (bone break)
    • agonizing initially, associated with a loud 'pop' and marked swelling -- think ligament tear
    • painful initially, continuing pain in joint line -- think meniscus tear

Without injury --

    • vague pain over front of knee -- think kneecap, hip or spine
    • persistent pain at back of knee -- think Baker's cyst
    • gnawing pain, worse at night -- think arthritis

NOISES:

At time of injury --

    • loud pop -- think new ligament or meniscus tear
    • loud crack -- think fracture (bone break)

From Epinions.com: "That 1967 Freshman Class Christmas Party":

This was a nice thing for all of us to do together -- and certainly beat having to deal with the frequent arguments between my phys-ed. teacher and myself re: why I couldn't do this or that activity. In order to be excused from activities, they had to be listed on a doctor's excuse. Because our family doctor was hesitant to excuse me from phys.ed. class entirely--saying that he believed exercise was healthy -- he asked for specific ones that we might be doing that wouldn't be good for my trick-knee and listed those: cartwheels and jumping on the trampoline.

[...]

While I was recovering from my knee-related mishap back in 1989, Diana and I happened to be talking on the phone.

"You know," she told me, "at one time, I thought that you were just making it up about having a trick-knee to get out of doing things in phys.ed. you weren't good at."

"And I thought you were just pretending to have seizures to get out of taking tests," I replied.

Somehow, I don't think a big glob of Icy Hot is going to successfully fix the problem seen in today's image.

No comments: