Monday, July 31, 2006

Castaway Hot Spot

Castaway Hot Spot

Castaway Hot Spot (2001)

Hey, Little Buddy. Is something troubling you?

The Comedy...The Comedy...Or Lack Thereof...

Mr. Howell, do you want your head cufflinks back?

[Image supposedly from a dead MySpace site]

From the we know everything and you're a moron Wikipedia:

In 2006, the comic strip Monty had an extended sequence in which the title character was shipwrecked on the island of Lost. He eventually discovered that the mysterious "Others" were in fact Gilligan and his descendants. Gilligan was portrayed as having gone mad and become a figure resembling Colonel Kurtz (Marlon Brando) in Apocalypse Now.

Surely the bumbling, banal Gilligan could not be worshipped as a god and be out there somewhere "operating without any decent restraint, totally beyond the pale of any acceptable human conduct." Right?

Call me Killigan...

I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor.

[Image seen on Worth1000]

The Bathos...The Bathos...

~/~

I'd almost (and should have?) forgotten that I once wrote this short poem about:

Gilligan

ain't my little buddy
so the next time
I'm marooned on
some tropical sitcom
with Tina Louise you
can bet your coconut
there will be a
sailor hat in
my first mate stew.

No comments: