Thursday, April 23, 2009

Bush Retires to His Ranch

Bush Retires to his Ranch

Bush Retires to His Ranch (2009)

[Click on the image above to see the view with binoculars.]


Most weekends
more tourists bloom
in Crawford
dumbly. Loafing,
swimming
in a pool scooped over
dead pigs
and brush killed off
he thinks of friends in Dubai
and prays
Please
have mercy on me
Madame Biographer
Please
preserve my legacy of murder-

ing
everything.

~/~

Update: I misunderestimated the poem and edited it slightly.

Image initially made with QuaSZ. Post-processed 183 times in one month. Text is a Google poem collaged from search strings for "bush retires to his ranch."

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

1 comment:

cruelanimal said...

Dr. Mike, this blog's poet in residence, informs me that Blogger is being persnickety and won't accept his password. So, I'm posting this piece for him.

~/~

Outside my door
The empire collapses

Reports of torture
Are finally declassified

The YouTube generation covets
More photos of military abuse

All that's burning
Is the kindle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...