Saturday, November 11, 2006

Unspun

Unspun

Unspun (2000)

Boy, you've to carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time

--The Beatles, "Carry That Weight"

But the way I feel is this: I feel liberated, and I'm just going to tell you as plainly as I can why. I no longer am going to have to carry the water for people who I don't think deserve having their water carried. Now, you might say, "Well, why have you been doing it?" Because the stakes are high.
--Rush Limbaugh, 11-9-06

Translation:

I openly lie to my listeners. I praise and pump up people (and policies?) I do not personally believe in, even knowing that my "dittohead" listeners soak up and parrot my lies views -- which really aren't my views because my convictions are merely expedient -- thus, I am a hypocrite and a phony who will say absolutely anything to advance Republicans -- even if I personally find Republicans unworthy of my support.

Why?

Because the end justifies the means. Republicans can do anything they want -- lie, cheat, steal, spy, smear, torture, murder, anything -- no matter how unethical or immoral -- because the greater conservative good trumps petty concerns like ethics and morals.

So, obviously, Rush and other situational Rovians are apparently down with trickery like this:

I'm glad to see Rush welcome the Democrats as liberators, but I'm not counting on white noise to blot out his ongoing fecklessness. Perhaps now his listener-drones will smoke him out and see his barbs sting less because the sincerity of his every utterance could never can no longer be trusted.

Rush, lay your burden down. Remember the old saying. If you can't say something nice true about someone...

Well, you know the rest...

~/~

Tags: , , , , ,

~/~

UPDATE: This image, seen on BartCop, fits the tone today.

No comments: