Friday, July 04, 2008

One Life Left

One Life Left

One Life Left (2008)

[Click the image above to see the view wirth binoculars.]

After lunch, and a half hour of reading, we piled into our clean car and drove to a playground at a nearby school. Some pent up energy needed to be released. I sat in the sun and soaked up the spring warmth. I also took many pictures of the children as they swarmed over the equipment. I noticed other children playing, with the ever vigiliant moms watching. I overheard a group of children around the ages of 5 to 9 playing and as they moved to a new jungle gym, one boy fell down and the girl called to the other two boys and said, “He only has one life left and he needs to get to the jungle gym!” If that isn’t straight out of a video or computer game, I don’t know anything. I chuckled to myself at how the times have changed. When we played dead in my childhood, we needed a fairy godmother or some such fantasy to resurrect ourselves.
--Allison Spence

~/~

Something new. Image initially made with Sterling-ware. Post-processed until it landed on its feet.

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

1 comment:

enigma4ever said...

this is still such a wonderful blog- and you are so talented...Skippy gave you a shout out tonight....cybergugs to you...