Friday, July 15, 2011

Aurora Borealis

Aurora Borealis

Aurora Borealis (2000)


The stars are putting on their glittering belts.
They throw around their shoulders cloaks that flash
Like a great shadow's last embellishment.

--Wallace Stevens

~/~

I haven't posted anything lately to either my blog or my web site. Why? Because I have discovered a trend that many art and literary magazines are now stipulating that submissions cannot have previously appeared on either a personal blog or web site. This situation has made me increasingly leery of placing any new work either here or on my web site.

I have never considered art or poetry that appears on this blog to be "published" in the conventional sense of the term -- but, unfortunately, some art and literary venues do. I am upset over this situation. It certainly crimps my ability to freely share my work with an established online audience without seriously limiting the possibilities for disseminating both my art and my poetry.

I am still making new work, but, sadly, I will be sharing it less often in this blog, since doing so apparently erodes the likelihood for being able to place it in a growing number of fine arts journals.

2 comments:

StephanieV said...

Wow. Well, thanks for sharing that because it's amazing.

Dr. Mike said...

I LOVE this fractal. It glows! I'd post a poem but I don't want to be "published"